When? 30/04/2019 - 02/05/2019
Where? McCormick Place, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Where? McCormick Place, Chicago, Illinois, USA
CPhI North America Breezes into the Windy City
The only event to bring the complete North American pharma supply chain together, and now entering its third year, CPhI North America will take place from 30th April to 2nd May in Chicago, Illinois.
Springtime in Chicago might sound like a Sinatra song, but it’s actually where you’ll find around 700 exhibitors and upwards of 6,500 delegates as CPhI North America comes to town for its annual exposition.
Centered around a theme of Fostering Innovation in Drug Development and Manufacturing in a New Era of Regulation, the three days will feature around 110 hours of sessions, including keynote addresses, insight briefings that take an in-depth look at industry trends and technologies, exhibitor showcases that present deep dives into sought-after solutions, and an innovation gallery that presents transformative products and services through the lens of those at the forefront of innovation.
With a focus firmly on uniting pharma buyers and sellers to do business and extend their networks along the supply chain, CPhI North America 2019 will see the return of six distinct zones on the exhibitor floor, alongside a new bioLIVE zone. The bioLIVE zone brings together buyers and sellers in biopharma processing and manufacturing from both small and large molecule markets and will include products and services from fields such as bioinformatics, diagnostics, and immunology. The seven zones on the exhibitor floor include:
- CPhI: The manufacturing ingredients zone will showcase API and their excipients and in addition to their intersection with sustainability.
- FDF: The finished drug products zone will feature leading small and large molecule CDMO/CMOs for both excipients/formulations and finished dosage formulations.
- iCSE: The drug development zone will highlight CROs specializing in pre-clinical and clinical drug development research and analytical and lab services.
- InformEx: The specialty chemicals zone will showcase innovative molecule development.
- InnoPack: The packaging zone will present pharmaceutical packaging highlighting sustainable, user-friendly, and cost-effective solutions.
- P-MEC: The machinery zone will present innovations within pharmaceutical equipment, technology, and machinery.
- NEW! bioLIVE: The bioprocessing zone will unite the small and large molecule markets from the biopharma processing and manufacturing sectors.
Within the bioLIVE zone, there will be the 2019 bioLIVE Theater, which runs the first two days of the event from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Hosted by BioProcess International, the theatre will comprise of a live series of technical and business presentations, C-level interviews and comprehensive panel discussions, focused on large molecule biopharmaceuticals and more specifically, manufacturing and processing within the industry, across four tracks:
- Business Strategies for a Maturing Industry
- Executive Perspectives
- Lab Manager Perspectives
- Project Manager Perspectives
- Mapping New Pathways from Discovery to Development
- Research and Development
- Regulatory Affairs
- Supply Chain
- Implementing Tools for Process Optimization
- Scale up
- Technology Transfer
- Effective and Efficient Product Development
- Manufacturing – Fill/Finish Strategies
- Engineering – Converting Science into Technology
- Analytics – Ensuring and Controlling Quality
As in previous years, CPhI North America present a key platform for networking. In 2018, 2,780 meetings were conducted on site. This year through the upgraded BOND Meeting Service tool, a networking service that allows attendees and exhibitors to search for each other and book meetings prior to the show, CPhI North America plans to surpass those numbers in 2019.
“Chicago is an important hub for the pharmaceutical and bioscience industries and leading academic research institutions, incubators, and investors that fuel the pharmaceutical industry and its supply chain,” commented Joseph Marks, Brand Director of CPhI North America. “With a bustling life sciences sector growing at more than twice the rate of the overall U.S. economy, Chicago and the Midwest bioscience industry employs more than 300,000 professionals – more than California and the East Coast, and was an obvious choice to host CPhI North America to build on the successes of the past two years. We’re especially excited to be focusing on innovation as technology, the cloud and personalized therapeutics continue to converge to drive patient treatments forwards, and fuel growth in biopharmaceuticals.”
Registration for CPhI North America is open at: www.CPhINorthAmerica.com/register.