Lonza highlights bioactives at NYSCC Suppliers’ Day
At NYSCC Suppliers’ Day, Lonza Consumer Product Ingredients will introduce to the US market, PreservationPlus, the company’s new approach to providing preservative efficacy and developing market-leading formulations through complementary and integrated scientific expertise. Lonza also will launch its new spectrum of bioactive functional ingredients that help protect the skin from modern lifestyle and environmental stressors such as pollution, UV radiation and stress. NYSCC Suppliers’ Day takes place on 15-16 May in New York City, NY (USA).
Preservation Beyond Chemistry
The PreservationPlus concept responds to customer needs and applies integrated expertise to developing market-leading formulations.
“As formulations become more complex to respond to evolving consumer demands, we recommend moving preservative selection upstream in the development process,” said Phil Hindley, Head of Global Marketing, Preservation. “The days of selecting a preservative product or chemistry in isolation have passed. We’re well equipped to help cosmetics manufacturers develop fully-formulated systems in which all components are optimized and synergistic. Our PreservationPlusT approach helps manufacturers reduce their development costs and their time to market.”
Lonza complements its ever-evolving preservation product portfolio with superior technical service, regulatory and toxicology expertise, and formulation know-how, all based on science. In addition, all aspects of PreservationPlus are designed to align and customize the preservation offer to the complete formulation chemistry.
Lonza bioactives are driven by science. “New studies have generated new data and substantiate new claims,” said Vanessa Arruda, Global Market Development Manager, Bioactives. “Our recent in vitro and ex vivo studies have proven the capabilities of our bioactive portfolio to help protect skin against the stressors of the modern urban lifestyle. We’re pleased to share the results at Suppliers’ Day.”
Bioactive Showcase for Skin Protection
Lonza is showcasing three bioactives at the event:
- NAB Rhodiola extract from the Rhodiola rosea plant, which naturally thrives in harsh conditions. This thermal protectant has been shown to help provide antioxidant protection to skin from external stresses, including UV radiation.
- LactoPro CLP bioactive, an advanced nutrient moisturizing complex containing Lactobacillus and soybean oil, which helps strengthen the skin barrier, enhances skin elasticity, helps retain moisture and leads to healthier, vitalized and more balanced skin.
- Metabiotics Resveratrol ECT GEO bioactive, a biotechnological ingredient ideal for cosmetic formulations. It helps improve the radiance and youthfulness of skin by effectively reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Generating Foam, Keeping It Mild
Lonza also will feature its range of versatile Polyaldo polyglyceryl esters, naturally derived surfactants that are an easily customizable choice for cleansing formulations. A mainstay of the Lonza personal care portfolio, the Polyaldo polyglyceryl esters offer excellent foam generation while maintaining mildness. They are suitable for a variety of international markets; many products are certified Kosher and Halal.
Scalp Care for Healthy Hair
In addition, Lonza is highlighting its scalp care portfolio, which helps formulators create the foundation for healthy hair.
“Healthy hair begins with a healthy scalp, and each of the four ingredients Lonza is highlighting at Suppliers’ Day performs a different function to support scalp health,” said Laura Szymczak, Associate Director, Regional Personal Care Marketing. "We’ve applied benefits for skin to the scalp, and new data substantiates new claims for each ingredient.”
- Carnipure Carnitine keeps the scalp fresh by exfoliating and moisturizing the skin barrier.
- LactoPro CLP, a scalp macronutrient complex including Lactobacillus, milk solids and soybean oil, helps improve scalp health by retaining existing moisture and building the scalp barrier.
- NAB Butterbur extract is designed for formulations for sensitive skin and can also help soothe an irritated scalp.
- NAB Rhodiola extract in scalp-care formulations delivers triple protection for the scalp: detoxification via antioxidants that limit the ability of free radicals to damage skin cells; protection against hot and cold thermal stress; and calming scalp irritation.