Going Beyond 'Safety First' 5th December 2018
By our Editorial Team
Keith Arnold, CEO of MFG Chemical, explains how the company has incorporated safety into everything it does, and why, as a m
The evolution continues. In the past couple of years, MFG has developed two new platforms in response to customer requests: a high-purity line of dioctyl sodium sulfosuccinate (DOSS) surfactants and a portfolio of emulsion polymers. On a bigger scale. the company acquired a 24.5-acre plant in Texas in March 2018. It is currently undergoing a multi-million dollar investment and, by the end of 1Q19, will include debottlenecking and new capacity additions, including two new reactors, one of which is 20,000 gl In size.
- Further enhancement and utilization of the Chempax ERP system
- Giving all employees access to a classical employee assistance program, which was initiated in 2016
- Investments in a new 4,500-gallon reactor at the surfactant plant, two new storage tanks equipped for handling a highly reactive monomerm, and installation of a new foundation at the polymer plant
- Implementation of a comprehensive fob, visual (cameras) and physical internal and perimeter security system at corporate headquarters and manufacturing plants
- All department heads have identified their future replacements, who are receiving leadership training
- Separate projects are underway to understand and improve the company’s time capacity and plant utilization, and address operational efficiencies.
T: + 1 706 226 4114