ASC announces new Board Officers 15th January 2019
The Adhesive and Sealant Council (ASC) announced changes to its Board of Directors, including new officers for 2019-2020 and new and reelected members for a three-year term ending December 31, 2021.
ASC’s newly-elected officers are:
- Brian McSwigan, Vice President, Pressure Sensitive Adhesives at Henkel Corporation. Brian has been elected to serve as Chairman of the Board through December 31, 2020. He will also lead the ASC Executive Committee. McSwigan previously served as ASC Treasurer for two years.
- Matt Devine, President of DHM Adhesives. Matt has been elected to serve as Treasurer through December 31, 2020. He will also lead the Audit Committee and serve on the ASC Executive Committee.
Charles Williams, Senior Global Technical Director at Avery Dennison, will serve as Past Chair for two years.
New members of the ASC Board, elected to serve a three-year term, include the following:
- Robert Butera, Vice President of Research, Development, and Innovation at DAP Products; and
- Dan Horner, CEO of Applied Adhesives.
Reelected members of the ASC Board also serving a three year term are as follows:
- Heather Campe, Senior Vice President, Americas Adhesives, H.B. Fuller Company;
- Gerhard Haas, Vice President, Research & Development, Technical Service, and Purchasing, Jowat Corporation;
- Joseph Koch, Director of Structural Adhesives, 3M Corporation;
- Guil Silva, Vice President & General Manager, ITW Performance Polymers; and
- Rusty Thompson, President, Evans Adhesive Corporation.
Darius Deak, Global R&D Director for Industrial Adhesives at Bostik, was elected by the Board in October 2018 to serve the remaining term of Robert Wanat, ending December 31, 2020.
“The newly elected ASC Board officers and directors strengthen our organization’s leadership during a time of record participation and growth in ASC’s programs and events,” said ASC President William Allmond. “Led by Brian McSwigan, they have a strategic focus on maximizing ASC’s value proposition for each member company,” he said. “During their terms, they will guide new initiatives that expand ASC’s role as a solution provider and help position ASC as a global leader by hosting the World Adhesive and Sealant Conference in April 2020.”