ASC announces winners of 2018 Innovation Awards 26th April 2018
The Adhesive and Sealant Council (ASC) held its 2nd annual Innovation Awards at the 2018 Annual Spring Convention in Miami April 23-25, 2018. The Innovation awards had two categories, small business, and the primary award. Independent judges reviewed the following categories and weightings as part of their review process:
- Science and Innovation (30%)
- Applicability & Impact (10%)
- Impact of the Technology Relative to the State of the Art (30%)
- Qualifications, Experience and Capabilities (20%)
- Significant Milestone (10%)
ASC judges reviewed submittal packages between the two categories and the following were the winners of the 2018 awards:
- Bostik took home the primary award, which was presented to Darius Deak, Global R & D Director-Nonwovens at Bostik. The Development from Bostik was entitled “Brilliance” which is an olefin elastic high-performance attachment adhesive. For more information on Brilliance, click HERE.
- Michigan State University in partnership with POET took home the small business award for the development titled; “Lignin Based Adhesive for Engineering Wood Products.” The lead developer and accepting the award for MSU was Mojgan Nejad. To learn more about this development, review a short video presentation HERE.
- 1st Runner Up went to Dow Automotive with a development called Betaseal Glass Bonding adhesive and the 2nd runner up went to Sunstar Engineering Americas for automated application of a one component UV Curable Formed-In-Place Foam Sealant.
Interviews with both winners will be available in the coming days as part of the ASC/ICIS post-convention digital magazine, which will be distributed digitally to the industry and posted online at ascouncil.org.
“We were pleased with the quality of the submittals for the 2nd annual program in which we recognized unique developments for our industry”, indicated Steve Duren, ASC Senior Director, and lead for developing the Innovation Awards. “We will improve and sharpen our program for 2019 and a thank you to all of those who submitted in 2018. Congratulations to both Michigan State University/POET and Bostik as our winners for the 2018 best innovations.”
To learn more about the ASC Innovation Awards Program visit the official awards page located HERE.
Questions about the 2019 program should be directed to Steve Duren, Senior Director of Member Services at email@example.com. Companies interested in becoming a sponsor for 2019 should contact Malinda Armstrong at (301) 986-9700 x106 or firstname.lastname@example.org.