BASF calls for proposals: Inaugural Newtrition Health Innovation Challenge 10th July 2018
Newtrition, BASF’s human nutrition brand invites innovators and entrepreneurs worldwide to participate in the first-ever Newtrition Health Innovation Challenge. Co-hosted by Newtrition and BASF Venture Capital (BVC), the challenge is an opportunity for applicants to present breakthrough solutions for pressing health challenges to the jury that is composed of representatives from BVC, BASF Human Nutrition R&D, marketing and sales, as well as a panel of renowned professors at a one-day event in Singapore on October 8, 2018.
The selected applicants will receive valuable insights on how BASF can support, collaborate, and partner at different stages of solution development; from ideation to prototyping, supply chain and commercialization. Each shortlisted proposal will also be discussed in-depth with the panel, and considered for specific partnership possibilities and a potential investment by BVC.
The Newtrition Health Innovation Challenge seeks innovative partners to address solutions for the following key health challenges:
- Diagnostic Tools: Novel, easy-to-use, cost-effective, and non-invasive tools for scalable assessment of the nutritional status of people in various life stages.
- Personalized Nutrition: Effective and accurate translation of nutritional status into advice and interventions that can deliver the right nutrients to the right people at the right time.
- Healthy Microbiome: Establishment of a clear scientific link from microbiota to health conditions for possible interventions.
“The Newtrition Health Innovation Challenge is an exciting platform for us to collaborate with solution-driven pioneers and create breakthroughs in the field of science that can address the global rise that we are witnessing in nutrient deficiencies and chronic diseases.” said Stefan Ruedenauer, Director of Development and Scientific Marketing, BASF Human Nutrition
The call for proposals will be open until September 14, 2018.
All applicants are encouraged to send the outline of their company profile and proposed solution to the health challenges in a short summary or presentation.
- Applications are free of charge and will close on September 14, 2018.
- Applications should be sent to: email@example.com
- Proposals will be evaluated by the expert panel who will select up to six proposals.
- Selected applicants will be notified by September 21, 2018, and will be invited to Singapore on October 8, 2018.
Further information about the challenge is available here.